Monday 3 December 2012

Miranda- The miracle chicken


MIRANDA

THE MIRACLE CHICKEN

Miranda, the miracle chicken became important to me when I observed how the potential loss of a chicken could affect my friend.  Miranda was rescued from a battery farm and her owner, emphasised she is just a normal chicken, nothing very special but she is her chicken and she loves her.

This comment to me encapsulates the meaning of life. We have lived a worthwhile life if our loss, is felt by someone. Our memory and mark on this world continues in the hearts of those we leave behind.

But Miranda is a chicken, just a chicken what can we learn from her? She is resilient because after withstanding her confined existence in a battery farm, she relished and thrived in her new free environment. She arrived featherless, mangy and ugly; however, she was chosen and still loved and cared for by my friend and even identified with a name, Miranda. No longer the battery hen, but Miranda, the beloved chicken.

I remember my horrible auntie making a comment about old people and people with disabilities. She callously commented in my presence, that we are kinder to animals because we euthanize them if they become burdensome; however, we allow the frail and disabled to suck our country’s financial coffers dry. How closed minded!

This special story of Miranda continues. Recently, she looked like she was too sick to live; however, with positive energy and special care, Miranda not only survived but now lays eggs. If we look closely at the world around us, we have the potential to see such miracles. And these miracles allow those who see, to become stronger and more positive; having energy strong enough to combat the ‘horrible aunties’.

And now the link to my darling son and his companion, Indie! Indie has given my son a special meaning and presence on this earth. She has chosen him and the miracle is, she allows me to see my son through her eyes. And this friends is indeed a miracle! You can see meaning and beauty in the world if you choose to look and witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment