Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas 2012

For once Brandon is part of a family photo with his siblings,  cousins and nanna.
We were all excited!!!!
The thoughts and opinions in this blog post are my
   interpretations of what I observed and noticed about Indie's impact on Brandon's level of calmness and enjoyment on Christmas Day. However, whether my conclusions are 100% accurate or not is ultimately not the issue, but what is important is that for once the Lauder family Christmas was peaceful and nothing was thrown and broken or no one was bitten or hurt. Now I will explain:


Indie receiving her Christmas present.

Indie has created meaning for Brandon at Christmas. Present distribution in our family involves the presents being distributed from the youngest to the oldest and Indie being the youngest was first. I called Indie to come and get her present and she excitedly ran up to me all excited and sat in front of me. I handed her, her present and she proceeded to enthusiastically unwrap the present herself, running off and playing with her new acquisition.




Brandon trying to unwrap the present with some assistance from me.
 Brandon who is next in age, followed Indie's example, looking happy at being handed a present and attempting to open the present for the first time and with Indie looking just as interested in Brandon's present as her own, gave added impetus for Brandon to enjoy his present.

The beautiful sight of Brandon and Indie playing with Brandon's ball together was so exciting. There is the worry of Indie destroying the ball versus Brandon actually playing by turn taking with Indie. For some reason we have not been able to connect with Brandon as well as Indie has and this is a true blessing. 


My Christmas Blessing
The Christmas blessings continued further when we spent Boxing Day at Terry's brother's place. This is the first time Brandon was happy and settled without making noises or throwing food or dishes from the table. The sight of seeing Brandon at the family table, smiling and enjoying the fair from the Christmas table is the greatest Christmas gift my family could ever receive. And whose behaviour was Brandon emulating? The only new possibility I could consider was Indie sitting calmly next to me during the whole Christmas feast.

                                                                     
  I am I because my little dog knows me.
- Gertrude Stein

                 


No comments:

Post a Comment