Monday 9 April 2012

April 9th 2012 Indie is 10 months old and Brandon is 14.

Today saw a new milestone in Brandon and Indie's relationship. Brandon wanted to play with me, so he indicated by grabbing my hands and I sat on the floor with him to play, 'row, row your boat' and as expected Indie came over to jump on us and lick us. Usually, at this stage Brandon would get up and leave me alone with Indie. This time, he pushed Indie against me. Now, this may sound mean however you need to take into account Brandon's sensory needs. The game of 'row, row, your boat' helps Brandon's sensory issues because he really pulls hard on my hands, so hard he pulls me along the floor however a 14 year old with such high sensory issues needs this firm pressure input, so allowing Brandon to push against Indie whilst I support her is really good. It doesn't hurt Indie and she is showing no distress. Anyway, later on Indie was interacting with my second daughter, and Brandon sat on the floor in front of the two and of his own accord put his hand out to touch Indie. I was able to film this on my camera. He then grabbed Indie's tail to drag her towards him, however Indie just licked him and when he grabbed Indie's paw to drag her back to play, Indie play bit his hand, my daughter was going to reprimand Indie but I said just leave them and monitor them closely. The next interaction, Brandon tapped Indie on the back and she responded to him immediately, so maybe Indie is teaching him how she would like to touched. Not sure, but we have a happy boy and dog so I think this is indeed progress. I will try to upload the video at a later stage.  But I think this is definitely progress in their journey together!


















No comments:

Post a Comment